St Ives Museum, Cornwall: A Personal Visit, Local History and War Memorial Research

 ​As I was going to St. Ives,

I met a man with seven wives,
Each wife had seven sacks,
Each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits:
Kits, cats, sacks, and wives,
How many were there going to St. Ives? 
-Anon. 

I wasn’t quite sure 

Looking through the War Memorial Register as a volunteer for the Imperial War Museums, I noticed a glazed and framed Roll of Honour on the system housed at St Ives Museum. I have been to St Ives before and walked past the museum a good few times, but never went in. 

Under 16’s go free and it’s £5 per person over 16. A volunteer very kindly introduced me to the museum’s collection 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAF Rivenhall Research

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Visit - January 2025

Introducing Squiffy the Christmas Spitfire